Menstrual cramps can be unpleasant and disturbing, making it difficult to carry out regular tasks. You may have heard about meftal spas tablets if you are searching for relief. Menstrual cramps and other types of discomfort are routinely treated with these medications.
In this blog article, we will go through the meftal spas tablet uses, benefits, side effects, and how they function to relieve menstrual cramps. We will also give you some pointers on using them securely and successfully. Meftal Spas may be able to provide the respite you want if you are experiencing slight discomfort or severe pain throughout your menstrual cycle. Therefore, if you’re sick of painful periods, read to discover more about this useful option!
What is a Meftal Spas Tablet?
Meftal spas tablet is a type of medication that assists in alleviating menstrual (period-related) cramps and pain. It can relieve abdominal discomfort by relaxing the stomach and intestinal muscular spasms.
Meftal-spas tablet contain two medications: mefenamic acid (NSAID) and dicyclomine (anti-spasmodic). Mefenamic acid acts by inhibiting the action of chemical messengers known as prostaglandins. Dicyclomine acts by calming spasms in the muscle tissue of the abdomen. This aids in the reduction of mild to moderate discomfort as well as the relief of pain.
What are the uses of Meftal Spas Tablets?
Meftal spas tablet is a combination medication that alleviates pain and spasms caused by different illnesses like menstrual cramps and other disorders that induce stomach cramps. Meftal Spas can be used for a variety of purposes, including:
- Treat the spasm and pain related to menstrual cramps.
- Treat irritable bowel syndrome indications such as stomach discomfort, cramping, and bloating.
- Manage pain and spasms caused by other illnesses such as gastroenteritis, urinary tract infections, and kidney stones.
This tablet should only be used under the guidance of a healthcare practitioner and must not be taken as a long-term therapy for any ailment without medical consultation.
What are the Benefits of a Meftal Spas Tablet?
The two main chemicals of meftal spas pill, mefenamic acid and dicyclomine, are used to treat pain and spasms caused by various illnesses. Furthermore, some of the advantages of meftal spas tablet are as follows:
- Reduces pain, inflammation, and fever. It contains Mefenamic acid, which inhibits the generation of prostaglandins, which are responsible for pain and inflammation.
- It contains dicyclomine, an antispasmodic drug that relaxes the smooth muscles of the uterine and digestive tract, relieving bloating, cramps, and spasms.
- This tablet is simple to use and can potentially treat a wide range of diseases, making it an ideal choice for individuals who suffer from several ailments.
- Meftal Spas pill enters the circulation quickly and begins functioning within 30 minutes of consumption, offering immediate relief.
What are the Side Effects of Meftal Spas Tablets?
While meftal spas tablet is typically safe and effective when taken as indicated, Meftal spas, like other medications, can produce negative effects. Some of the most prevalent negative effects are as follows:
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Skin rash
- Difficulty in urinating
- Meftal spas tablet can have major negative effects in rare situations, such as:
- Allergies like itching or hives.
- Extreme stomach cramps or discomfort.
- Block or bloody stools.
- Pain or stiffness in the chest
- Difficulties breathing
If you suffer any of these serious adverse effects, stop using this tablet immediately and seek medical attention.
How to use the Meftal Spas Tablet?
Read the drug label and follow your healthcare provider’s recommendations. Take one tablet with a glass of water when you notice period discomfort. When used at the outset of menstrual cramps, the medicine works best. Do not overdo the suggested dose of meftal spas tablet, and avoid taking it for any longer than your healthcare professional has prescribed.
If your period discomfort continues or increases despite taking this tablet, see your doctor for additional assessment and treatment. However, pregnant or nursing women must avoid meftal spas tablets, and kids below the age of 12 must not take them.
How does the Meftal Spas Tablet Work?
Mefenamic acid (NSAID) and dicyclomine are both included in Meftal-spas tablets (anti-spasmodic). Mefenamic acid is an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) that inhibits the production of chemical messengers responsible for stomach discomfort and swelling (inflammation).
Dicyclomine works by reducing spasms in the abdominal muscular tissue. It relieves cramps, bloating, pain, and discomfort by preventing abrupt muscular contractions (spasms). They work together to alleviate menstruation cramps and stomach pains.
Consider the Following Safety advice About Meftal Spas Tablet
Take the medicine precisely as your doctor has instructed. Do not consume more than the specified dose or for any longer than the advised period. Please follow the instructions below to guarantee the safe usage of the meftal spas tablet:
- Pregnancy: It is not recommended to use this tablet in pregnant women because of the absence of safety information, particularly in the third trimester.
- Alcohol: There is no active engagement between the Meftal-Spas tablet and alcohol. Nevertheless, liver damage is dangerous in chronic drinkers and persons with liver disorders if you take this medication and drink alcohol simultaneously.
- Breastfeeding: Mothers should avoid using Meftal Spas tablets unless prescribed by a doctor. Mefenamic acid and dicyclomine hydrochloride can both enter into breast milk and damage breastfeeding babies.
- Driving: After using this tablet, you may suffer dizziness, sleepiness, weariness, or vision disruption. Use caution when driving or using machinery.
- Kidney: It is not suggested for those with kidney problems and is best to use after contacting a doctor. On the other hand, those with severe renal disease should typically avoid using this medication.
- Liver: It is not considered safe for persons with liver problems and can lead to additional consequences. As a result, patients with liver problems should be prevented from using this medication.
Dosage of Meftal Spas Tablet
The optimum dosage of meftal spas tablet is decided by the doctor’s consultation and is typically based on the clinical parameters and age of the patient. The typical dosage of this tablet is 1 to 2 tablets per day to relieve moderate pain. To avoid stomach disturbance, meftal spas pills must be taken with meals and eaten with a glass of water. Nevertheless, the medication should not be used for more than a week in a row.
Drug Interaction of Meftal Spas Tablet
The following medications may interact with meftal spas tablet:
- Antidepressants like duloxetine, lithium, fluoxetine, and sertraline.
- Immunosuppressive medications such as tacrolimus and cyclosporine.
Meftal Spas should be eaten immediately if a dosage is missed. However, if it conflicts with the following dose, it is best to forgo the missed one. A double dose might have negative health consequences.
All substitutes of Meftal Spas Tablet
Some of the popular substitutes for meftal spas tablet are as follows:
- Dysmen Tablet
- Colimex MF Tablet
- Cyclopam-MF 10mg/250mg Tablet
- Mefkind-Spas Tablet
- Spasmelan 10mg/250mg Tablet
- Koligesic MF 10mg/250mg Tablet
- Mefnic 10mg/250mg Tablet
- Spasmonil Plus Tablet
- Almefkem Spas 10mg/250mg Tablet
- Spasdic 10mg/250mg Tablet
- ZE Spas Tablet
- Spastone Tablet
- Mtech Plus Tablet
- Mefnum Spas 10mg/250mg Tablet
- Anglospas Forte 10 mg/250 mg Tablet
Table Briefing Important Details About Meftal Spas Tablet
|Generic Name||Meftal Spas|
|Price||INR 50 (MRP)|
|Drug Class||Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug|
|Manufacturer||Blue Cross Laboratories Ltd|
|Ingredients (Salt Composition)||Dicyclomine (10mg) and Mefenamic Acid (250mg)|
|Uses||Treats menstrual pain and cramps|
|Side Effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, headache, dry mouth, etc|
|Treatment||Menstrual cramps and discomfort|
Menstrual cramps can be excruciatingly painful and inconvenient, but with the correct prescription, you can find relief and return to your daily routine. Meftal spas tablet is a popular alternative for treating period cramps since it provides quick and efficient pain relief without the adverse effects as other pain medications provide. To avoid any potential adverse effects, taking meftal spas tablets responsibly and according to the stated dose directions is important.
If you suffer from menstrual cramps, talk to your doctor about whether the meftal spas tablet is correct. They can advise you on the best way to manage your symptoms and find relief. Women can control their menstrual discomfort and enhance their quality of life throughout their periods with the correct treatment plan in place.
You May Also Like
Frequently Asked Question For Meftal Spas Tablet
Yes, the meftal spas pill is analgesic and antispasmodic that assists in easing pain and spasms during menstruation. Before using this tablet, talk with your physician about the appropriate dose and length of treatment.
No, alcohol should not be used while using a meftal spas tablet since it may result in problems like excessive ulceration, gastrointestinal bleeding, and perforation.
Meftal Spas Tablets must be taken cautiously during the first and second trimesters of pregnancy and only when absolutely required. This pill is not suggested for use during the third trimester because it might induce fetal heart abnormalities, delay labor commencement, and a greater propensity to bleeding in the mother.
No, antacids like magnesium hydroxide may conflict with meftal spas tablet digestion. As a result, it is not suggested to use both medications together
Meftal spas tablets should not be used in people with a prior renal illness, obstructive uropathy, or considerably reduced kidney function. Before you take it, consult your doctor.
Meftal spas tablet is not beneficial for headaches because it doesn’t operate like aspirin. It must be used to relieve stomach discomfort.
Meftal spas often begin functioning within an hour of ingestion. This time parameter, however, is not consistent among all individuals. The patient’s other physiological condition determines it.
Meftal spas may temporarily lower platelet and blood cell counts in some people. In such circumstances, a regular blood test is recommended.
Diarrhea may occur as an adverse reaction to meftal spas tablet. If you have diarrhea, drink plenty of water and avoid hot foods. See your doctor if you have severe diarrhea or detect stool blood.
Meftal spas tablets are used to relieve colicky discomfort. Colic is a discomfort that is generally urinary or intestinal, fluctuates in severity, and progressively worsens and improves.
Since this medication may cause stomach distress, consuming this tablet with or shortly after eating is recommended.
No, meftal spas have no impact on menstrual bleeding. It does not affect the menstrual cycle and relieves the discomfort produced by menstrual cramps.